Admission for international students is subject to meeting the compliance requirements as stipulated by the Immigration Act No 13 of 2002. Pearson Institute of Higher Education has two annual intakes and our mid-year intake is only for selected qualifications and modules.
In order for a holder of a foreign qualification to study with Pearson Institute, we would require that the student has achieved the equivalent of a South African National Senior Certificate. All students with foreign qualifications wishing to enrol for a foundation or higher certificate programme will be required to apply to the South African Qualification Authority for a certificate of equivalence proving a minimum of an NQF level 4 equivalent.
Students wishing to apply for degree studies will be required to apply to Universities South Africa for an exemption certificate.
For more information on how to apply online please visit the Universities South Africa Board Exemption
Please note: All applicants are advised not to send cash by mail or leave documents and cash with any unauthorised persons. Pearson Institute has designated Student Advisors representing several countries. Applications are administered and processed by Advisors. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
International students should take note of the following:
Please submit the following supporting documents to the International Office:
- Completed and signed Application Form
- Copy of student’s final results or second term school report (for provisional acceptance)
- Copy of student’s identity document (Passport)
- Copy of parent’s identity document (ID or Passport)
Once your results have been assessed and approved, your proof of payment of the R800 admission fee will be required to finalise your application.
Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
For residence on campus, please submit a completed and signed Residence Application Form with proof of payment of the R3500 deposit.
Please be advised that all payments should be paid into the PIHE bank account.
Students should bring the following;
- A certificate of exemption from USAF for degree students and a certificate of equivalence proving NQF level 4 from SAQA for Higher Certificate programmes or the foundation programme.
- Proof of medical aid that covers you for 12 months for every year that you enrol at Pearson Institute.
- A certified copy of your valid Study Permit.