Higher Certificate in Business Management with specialisation in Insurance
Minimum: 1 year
Maximum: 3 years
Qualification start date
Enrollment 1: February
Enrollment 2: April
Enrollment 3: July
Enrollment 4: Sept
All of these are a minimum of 12 months
The insurance and financial industry are rapidly transforming with the new digital age. Continuous technological advancements are personalising insurance policies, while growing towards automated claim systems. Entering the insurance industry now requires a new skill set that is current and equips students to grow with the fast pace. This includes current skills and knowledge of the fundamentals of insurance and financial management. The Higher Certificate offers young professional who wishe to enter the industry or those already in the workforce the opportunity to explore, understand and gain digital capabilities that are vital in the fourth industrial revolution.
The Higher Certificate in Business Management Insurance will provide the students with a national recognised qualification. This is built on a current qualification offered at PIHE, at all of its campuses, except the Midrand campus, namely the Higher Certificate in Business Management. The aim of this specialisation in Insurance is to broaden the market, increase employability of our students and offer future skills of the digital age. The Commerce Faculty would like to expand its offerings by submitting a Higher Certificate in Business Management with specialisation in Insurance. Senates approval is required for the proposal set out below.
- You need a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) for diplomaor certificate purposes.
- An equivalent foreign secondary or international school-leaving certificateon an NSC level (NQF 4) confirmed by SAQA.
- Insurance Laws and Ethics
- Computer Skills Development A
- Commercial Short-term Insurance Practice
- Introduction to Business Management
- Work Integrated Learning
- Introduction to Marketing
- Personal Insurance in the Digital Age
- Computer Skills Development B
- Introduction to Data Analytics and Underwriting
- Business Communication
- You need a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) for d iplomaor certificate purposes.
- An equivalent foreign secondary or international school-leavingcertificate on an NSC level (NQF 4) confirmed by SAQA.
Possible career options
The career choices for you, as a Higher Certificate in Business Managementwith specialisation in Insurance graduate, are varied and employmentoptions in the banking industry include:
- Insurance Administrator
- Insurance Consultant
- General administration
- Marketing administration
- Sales Agent