Higher Certificate in Business Management with specialisation in Funeral Management
Minimum: 1 year
Maximum: 3 years
Qualification start date
Enrollment 1: February
Enrollment 2: April
Enrollment 3: July
Enrollment 4: Sept
All of these are a minimum of 12 months
Higher Certificate in Business Management with specialisation in Funeral Management will provide the students with a national recognized qualification. This is built on a current qualification offered at PIHE, at all of its campuses, except the Midrand campus, namely the Higher Certificate in Business Management. The aim of this specialisation in Funeral Management is to broaden the market and increase employability of our students.
As macabre as the thought of death is, the reality in South Africa is that as of 29th April 2019, the SA population stands at 57,951,079 with 3,182 births per day and 1,496 deaths per day (Worldpopulationreview.com). These statistics alone generate the need for a higher education qualification that will allow those working in, as well as those seeking to work in the funeral sector, to be fully equipped to meet wit h the new developments and legislative requirements of the funeral industry, whilst still being able to stay in touch with the cultural traditions and specific needs of their clients. Consequently, it is incumbent on the formal education sector to adequately and professionally skill learners who will take up as well as create, the many job opportunities in the funeral sector.The core content of the proposed modules in this qualification conform with industry standards and indeed may even align with module outcomes as contained in Unit Standard 21789 NQF level 5: Funeral ServicesPractice. This may prove especially expedient if the accreditation of the Services Sector Education and Training Authority were to be sought.
- You need a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) for d iploma orcertificate purposes.
- An equivalent foreign secondary or international school-leaving certificateon an NSC level (NQF 4) confirmed by SAQA.
- Computer Skills Development A
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Business Law and Compliance
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Introduction to Business Management
- Introduction to Marketin
- Work Integrated Learning
- Computer Skills Development B
- Grief Counseling
- Business Communication
- Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC) of theCouncil on Higher Education (CHE) of South Africa.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Possible career options
The career choices for you, as a Higher Certificate in Business Managementwith specialisation in Funeral Management graduate, are varied andemployment options in the funeral industry include:
- Funeral directing
- Funeral business ownership
- Funeral administration management
- Funeral undertaking,
- Funeral service managers
- Psychological counselling