Higher Certificate in Business Management with specialisation in Digital Banking
Minimum: 1 year
Maximum: 3 years
Qualification start date
Enrollment 1: February
Enrollment 2: April
Enrollment 3: July
Enrollment 4: Sept
All of these are a minimum of 12 months.
This qualification prepares young professionals for the new age of digital banking. This is ideal for employees who have been in the industry for a while and need to up-skill in order to grow with the new trends in the market. However, if you are a matriculant who wants to enter the banking industry with an advantage above other entry level candidates.
This qualification can also act as an entry level qualification to gain access to bachelor degrees, with the advantage of subject knowledge in the financial and digital banking sphere. Because of our unique teaching and learning approaches, you will also start developing essential skills for the world of work, such as effective problem solving, critical thinking, working in teams and communicating effectively.
Do you want to go straight into any industry with a foundation in the key areas of commerce? Do you dream of starting a businessor studying a BCom after this programme? This higher certificate could be perfect for you.
- You need a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) for d iplomaor certificate purposes.
- An equivalent foreign secondary or international school-leavingcertificate on an NSC level (NQF 4) confirmed by SAQA.
- Social Media and Mobile Banking
- Computer Skills Development A
- Ethics & Governance for Banking
- Introduction to Business Management
- Program Design
- Basic Principles of Financial Planning
- Mathematics for Business
- Computer Skills Development B
- Personal and Small Business Credit
- Database Design Concepts
- Business Communication
- Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC) of theCouncil on Higher Education (CHE) of South Africa.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Possible career options
The career choices for you, as a Higher Certificate in Business Management with specialisation in Digital Banking graduate, are varied and employment options in the banking industry include:
- Administration Management
- Banking Financial Administrator
- Bank Teller
- Bank Consultant
- Retail Credit and Financial Advisor