Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing Management
No mid-year intake for this qualification.
Minimum: 3 years
Maximum: 5 years (policy under review)
Qualification start date
Semester 1: February
Semester 2: July
The Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing Management prepares you for work in the exciting world of marketing and is an excellent foundation for careers in commerce, retail and advertising.
You will develop a broad and intense theoretical and practical understanding of the marketing environment, consumer behaviour, market research and marketing management. The core subject areas include Business Management, Economics and pure Marketing, as well as more specific marketing modules such as the Internet, Retail and Channel Marketing and Product and Promotion Management. Because of our qualification’s unique emphasis on application, you will also select, conduct and present a research project and complete Work Integrated Learning (WIL) in your third year. Over and above these core modules, you will cover equally important topics like Business English, Computer Skills, Financial Accounting, Project Management and Research Methodology.
We attribute much of the success of our degree programme to our unique learning approach, which consists of interactive lecture-led learning, smaller classes and the use of technology. We have highly dedicated and experienced teaching staff and a curriculum that is relevant, career orientated and ahead of trends. This blended approach ensures that you gain essential skills for the modern workplace, such as critical and innovative thinking, self-management, collaborating in teams and communicating effectively.
- You need a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) with Bachelor degree entry or an equivalent foreign secondary qualification on an NSC level with Bachelor degree entry approved by Universities South Africa (USAF).
- If you have an international school-leaving certificate, you need to provide a certificate of exemption issued by Universities South Africa (USAF).
- You should have successfully completed the relevant Pearson Institute foundation programme. On successful completion of the foundation programme, students are required to apply to Universities South Africa (USAF) for a certificate of exemption in order to be admitted to a degree programme.
- You should have successfully completed a relevant higher certificate qualification. On successful completion of the higher certificate, students are required to apply to Universities South Africa (USAF) for a certificate of exemption in order to be admitted to a degree programme.
- You need 25 or more Pearson Institute points.
- Accredited by the Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC) of the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
- Registered with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Possible career options
Find a balance between creativity and business success.
The career choices for you, as a Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing Management graduate, are varied and employment options include:
- Advertising: sales, consulting, management
- Marketing: analysis, consulting, management
- Media planning