Short Learning Programme in Internet Development Specialist
Minimum: 10 months full-time
Maximum: 25 months part-time
Full-time or Part-time
Qualification start date
Student can start any week of the month of January and February. Thereafter from March to December students can start the first Monday of each month.
The Short Learning Programme in Internet Development Specialist prepares you for work in the internet environment. It is a challenging and comprehensive career-orientated programme that prepares you for the world of work. It is also a very good stepping-stone to further studies in any of our Higher Certificates in Information Systems (IS).
This Short Learning Programme provides you with a fair grounding of theoretical foundation of, and practical experience in creating web pages, web design, web style coding, using content management systems as well as database development. Some of the core subject areas are Web Design, Contents Management Systems, MySQL Development and Creating Web Pages. You also cover two broad topics that will be useful in any computer and business environment, namely Computer Literacy and Personal Skills Development.
The success of our Short Learning Programmes is due to our unique Mastery Learning Methodology (MLM). This modular self-directed learning approach, gives you the flexibility to start and progress through the programme at a pace that best suits you. This learning methodology, together with our cutting-edge facilities such as computer labs, IS open learning areas and smart pods, will prepare you for the real IT work environment of the future.
Over and above this, you will start developing essential skills for the world of work, especially for the IT industry, such as analysing and solving real problems, applying logic, being innovative and self-disciplined, collaborating in team situations and communicating effectively.
On completion of the Short Learning Programme, you can apply for a Credit Transfer (CT) or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) to study towards a PI Higher Certificates in the relevant field.
- You need a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) for diploma or certificate purposes and placement assessment.
- If you have an international school-leaving certificate or a foreign secondary qualification, you need to provide a certificate of exemption issued by Universities South Africa (USAF).
- Obtain the required results in the Placement Assessment.
- It is a PI programme with modules that may articulate into the accredited Higher Certificate in Information Systems (Internet Development), at NQF level 5.
- This Short Learning Programme is not accredited by the Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC), nor is it registered with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) however the modules within the short learning programme contains the accredited NQF level 5 modules which allows for direct articulation into the full qualifications.
Possible career options
Fascinated by the web?
The career choices for you, as a Short Learning Programme in Internet Development Specialist graduate, include junior positions in:
- Database administration
- Web development