Higher Certificate in Information Systems (Internet Development)
Minimum: 1 year full-time
Maximum: 3 years part-time
Full-time or Part-time
Qualification start date
Student can start any week of the month of January and February. Thereafter from March to December students can start the first Monday of each month.
This Higher Certificate prepares you for work in a range of areas in the IT web environment. Although you will acquire a broad range of IT-related knowledge and skills, it is primarily a comprehensive and career-focused qualification that prepares you for work as an IT professional in the web environment.
CTI’s Higher Certificate in Information Systems (Internet Development) provides you with solid theoretical and practical skills in web programming and database use and development. It also offers you intensive experience in the main web standard programming languages such as HTML5 and CSS3. The core subject areas include Creating Web Pages and Web Design, Content Management Systems and Internet Development Project. You will cover Computer Literacy, Software Engineering, Personal Skills Development and Processing and Logic Concepts. Throughout the qualification, you will complete technical projects so that you are able to design and create websites.
We attribute much of the success of our Higher Certificate programmes in Information Systems (IS), to our unique Mastery Learning Methodology (MLM). This modular self-directed learning approach, gives you the flexibility to start and progress through the programme at a pace that best suits you. This learning methodology, together with our cutting-edge facilities such as computer labs, IS open learning areas and smart pods, will prepare you for the real IT work environment of the future.
Over and above this, you will develop essential skills for the world of work, such as analysing and solving real problems, being innovative, being adaptable to change, being self-disciplined and communicating effectively.
On completion of the Higher Certificate in Information Systems, you can apply for a Credit Transfer (CT) or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) to study towards the PI Bachelor of Science in IT degree.
- You need a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) with certificate or diploma entry or an equivalent foreign secondary qualification on an NSC level (NQF 4) confirmed by SAQA.
- If you have an international school-leaving certificate, you need to provide a certificate of exemption issued by Universities South Africa (USAF).
- National Certificate (Vocational) level 4 issued by the Council of General and Further Education and Training.
- Obtain the required results in the Placement Assessment.
- Accredited by the Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC) of
the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
- Registered with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Possible career options
Do you have a flair for technology and design?
The career choices for you, as a Higher Certificate in Information Systems (Internet Development) graduate, include junior positions in:
- Web development
- Database administration