About Pearson Institute
Our past, present and future
In 2013, Pearson became the sole owner of Midrand Graduate Institute (MGI). The acquisition formed part of the company’s strategic focus to invest in and have a positive and meaningful impact on education in Africa. In 2016, MGI was renamed Pearson Institute of Higher Education.
Our academic programmes are focused on the workplace of the 21st century and its needs. Since the establishment of our institution, we have been prominent in the private higher education space in South Africa. We are known for our innovative and collaborative approach to teaching and learning, and for developing employable graduates. We have also established our credibility by offering qualifications that are locally accredited and internationally recognised.
As Pearson Institute, we pride ourselves on ensuring quality and accessibility to all students. Through Pearson’s global footprint, Pearson Institute has the ability not only to offer you a localised solutions based perspective, but also a world-view on global education. This places knowledge and expertise at your fingerprints, making you employable.
Experience a world of learning at Pearson Institute
At Pearson Institute of Higher Education our students are our priority. They are at the heart of everything we do. Here are the reasons why you should study with us:
- A strong global heritage: We are backed by the world’s learning company
- 12 campuses across South Africa: Flexibility to study at a location and in an environment that best suits you
- Industry-led curriculum: We are responsive to the demands of the job market so we ensure that our material, content and academic services are relevant and current.
- Career-focused higher education qualifications and programmes: You have a choice of over 20 qualifications and programmes across three faculties, all equipping you with the skills you need in the workplace.
- Blended approach to teaching and learning: We use technology enhanced and traditional learning methods, as well as practical application, to prepare you for the technology driven and fast changing work environment of the 21st century.
- Qualified and experienced academic staff: Our staff has both academic and industry experience. You will learn from lecturers who are highly qualified and committed to your success.
- Smaller class sizes: You will interact more closely with our lecturers, which encourages better understanding and promotes independent thinking.